Punkbuster Ban???

Want to know what happened ? Raise your voice here and appeal if you believe the ban was made in error.
cathy_craggs
Private
Private

16 Jan 2017, 12:02

HI there,
When I try to morph into the game I am getting a message talking about a Punkbuster Ban.

What does this mean?

As far as I am concerned I am running Punkbuster. Is there a way of turning it on or off?

Can someone please explain what the situation is?

Thanks,
Cathy.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

17 Jan 2017, 15:05

Reviewing your case it was decided to permanently remove you from our BC2 Conquest server, since every time you are on it seems you are out to create unrest and hostility due to your playing style.

Therefore you receive a punkbuster ban message while trying to join.

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
cathy_craggs
Private
Private

18 Jan 2017, 20:07

[RC]Hunter wrote:Reviewing your case it was decided to permanently remove you from our BC2 Conquest server, since every time you are on it seems you are out to create unrest and hostility due to your playing style.

Therefore you receive a punkbuster ban message while trying to join.
But I agreed to change my playing style...

You sent me a PM which I replied to and I agreed I would change my style.
Why then have I received the ban? And why send me a request to change?

I am willing to comply so I would appreciate it if the ban was reversed. I never got the chance to respond to your request.

I have many friends who go on the BC2 server and I would like to go on playing but NOT as I was doing.

Thanks,
Cathy

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

19 Jan 2017, 11:33

My PM to you was sent a few days before to be precise. If you read it late, your problem.

While your playstyle got monitored by other admins as well, the ban was issued. The timeline had nothing to do with my personal approach sending you a PM actually pre warning about this to happen ...

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
cathy_craggs
Private
Private

19 Jan 2017, 20:31

[RC]Hunter wrote:My PM to you was sent a few days before to be precise. If you read it late, your problem.

While your playstyle got monitored by other admins as well, the ban was issued. The timeline had nothing to do with my personal approach sending you a PM actually pre warning about this to happen ...
Thanks for the reply.

That I read the PM too late is a bit unlucky though, isn't it. You can't expect people to be reading the forums as often as they play the game, surely?

I am an agreeable person who likes to work within the rules of the forum and the community as a whole. I have given my word to abide by the rules and the way you wish me to play. Give me the chance and you will see.

This ban is not needed I assure you.

If you are unable to stop the ban could you kindly point me in the direction of the other admins that can help please?

Thanks,
Cathy.

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Favorite Server: BC2
Germany

Contributor

Membership

19 Jan 2017, 22:59

On the 3rd of december 2016 we have lost a great soldier, valued teammate and beloved friend.
She was not able to withstand the mighty ban-hammer, but her peaceful soul will never break and always continue to take care of the weak and wounded soldiers, revive the dead and bring back the hope of victory.
May her soul find rest on another server of the vast universe of battlefield.
In loving memory of Cathy Craggs ... :,(

plxs34n
Private First Class
Private First Class

21 Jan 2017, 11:50

Nino-6-years wrote:Image

On the 3rd of december 2016 we have lost a great soldier, valued teammate and beloved friend.
She was not able to withstand the mighty ban-hammer, but her peaceful soul will never break and always continue to take care of the weak and wounded soldiers, revive the dead and bring back the hope of victory.
May her soul find rest on another server of the vast universe of battlefield.
In loving memory of Cathy Craggs ... :,(
Very good!

I miss her all ready (not)

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Favorite Server: BC2
Germany

Contributor

Membership

23 Jan 2017, 16:52

plxs34n wrote:I miss her all ready (not)
But why so mean? :D I know being revived infront of enemies can get very annoying really quick. Especially, when it happens often. But nevertheless she is playing fair, not breaking any rules or whatsoever.
We have so many other players, that are a burden too. Many, to name some examples, are non-stop camping like Mad_Anthrax, MGBLN (+many others) or amplitro, who is basically always stealing tanks from enemies base and than camping with the tank somewhere, mostly in his own base.
Or me playing with a knife+defi/40mm smoke/rep-tool only, depending on the team balance. :D

I think Cathy Craggs deserves one last chance to show that he/she can play normally.
Or if she still won't use guns to shoot, then at least only revive when it's safe to do so.
As i said, she doesn't break any rules, so i would consider to give her one last chance.

MattBaker1995
Private First Class
Private First Class

02 Feb 2017, 16:12

Gr8t banter m8t. :) RIP in pieces... xd

cathy_craggs
Private
Private

04 Feb 2017, 17:22

I am still waiting to hear back from RC Hunter